Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pot of Gold

First Up!  Same blog, new look....what do you think?  I was ready for a change.  I like it.  I wanted something with less background width and  larger picture capabilities.  I think I'll keep this one a while.  We shall see.

Are you ready for St. Patrick's Day?  I'm getting there.  Still have a few ideas to try out, but I've been busy busy busy.

Here's what I made yesterday:


Cute, right?  I'm going to let the kids pass them out to teachers.  I found these cute vintage shamrock hat/cups in the basement.  My mother-in-law has a plethora of goodies down there.  I swear she's the queen of all things party and craft supply.  Grabbing some rolos at the store was a no brainer.


Quick and simple is my style.  I loved that I only had to dump a handful of rolos into each cup and place them into clear baggies.  Clear baggies are a staple in my crafty tool box.  I always have a bag of 50-100 around in all sizes.  I use them for everything.


Then, I got out my handy dandy "Martha Stewart" tools.  I only have this one, the circle cutter, and I got it a Michael's.  A large circle punch really would be faster, but I don't have one.  Maybe one will show up in my Easter basket this year (hint hint).


I found this cute "lucky U" printable on Eighteen25 and fell in love with it.  Click here to grab your own.  I thought the "U" was a cute play on words for either "you" or "university".  Perfect for school, right?  It was so simple just to save the download, print it on sticker paper, and cut the circle.  I'm totally saving the squares left behind for a future project.  I love the preppy stripe...too cute.  Once I had the lucky U circles cut, I cut larger circles from gold scrapbook paper.  Stick, punch, tag! 


I may also make bookmarks or something with this.  Still coming up with goody bag ideas to pass out to the friends.  I'm kinda' last minute like that.  Once I get my act together, I'll share....promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment