Sunday, June 7, 2009

First Off...

First off, let me just say...I never thought blogging would be my thing. Then again, I did grow up watching Doogie Howser, M.D. I always liked the end the best - something magical about watching those letters type across a computer screen. My life has not been nearly as accomplished as that young over-achiever (circa 1989, played by Neil Patrick Harris, for those of you too young to know). But, it's been pretty interesting all the same. I often feel like I've lived many lives. And in a way, I have. I count that I've seen 38 of the 50 states, no telling how many cities, a couple of places overseas, and I've lived in 7 different states since 1999. And no...we are not in the military. After so many moves, so many friends, so many states, and a couple of prompts (okay, one) to start blogging; I finally decided I would give it a shot. It's going to be pretty embarrassing when nobody follows it. I guess I've just been feeling a little nostalgic lately. Last year, I turned 3o. Last week, my youngest child gave up pacifiers and graduated from the crib to a big girl bed. This year, my husband and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Next year, we'll watch our son receive his first communion. In 2 days, I pack up the last box in the house, put suitcases in the car, and head to the airport one last time. I guess what I'm trying to say is...life goes by pretty quickly. It may have taken a while, but we have finally decided that Dorothy was right. There really is no place like home.

1 comment:

  1. Well to blog-world!! I've been journaling since 2006, and went "public" in 2008... I've found that it's invaluable as a place to record memories/life happenings as well as a therapeutic tool when needed. So no worries about nobody following you -- if you write, they will come :)

    I'm adding you to my Google Reader... Happy blogging!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete