Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Handmade Cards

My daughter and I got a little crafty recently and made some handmade cards.  She loved painting this project and I loved the finished look.  I can't remember who actually received these cute cards, but I liked them so much, I made sure I scanned a few into the computer for reprints before the originals left our hands.  We made two and it was really simple and a quick project (since I used the handy dandy hair dryer to speed up the drying of the watercolors).

Here's the first one we attempted.


Simple and abstract, I simply used masking tape to "white out the areas" I didn't want her to paint, then gave her the watercolors.  She could have done this all day.  She loved it.  Then, I decided to get a little extra creative and use round stickers. 

This one I really love, it may get framed on my new walls soon!


After painting and taping, I outlined for her using glittery gel pens.  She did the grass.  Instant art and all we needed were supplies we already had all over the house!

Ok, so I actually realized we didn't just do this "recently".  I just saw her little artists' autograph and realized it was actually LAST year!?  OMG, where does the time go?!  I swear I thought we did this last week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment