- 1 (8oz) package noodles, any kind
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup lite or fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 packet Hidden Vallen Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed (microwavable packs are fast & easy)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dash of paprika and parsley, to taste
Cook noodles al dente; drain and return to pot. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions in butter. Reduce heat to a low simmer and stir in the sour cream, milk and the ranch packet. Add the cheese, bacon, broccoli and seasonings. Pour over the noodles and mix well. Serve hot.
*My kiddos used to call noodles "doodles", hence the name.
Tastes Like Fried, But It's Baked, Chicken
- 8oz. FRENCH'S® Original French Fried Onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon each, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Pam spray
Place French Fried Onions into a heavy duty, large Ziploc bag, and crush with a rolling pin. Add flour and all seasonings. Shake the bag and mix ingredients well. Transfer to a shallow dish and break up any large pieces left with a fork. (This can also be done in a food processor).
In a medium size, shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the flour and onions mixture. Press the mixture firmly only the chicken
Place the chicken onto a broiler or grill pan and spray the top with the Pam spray.
Bake at 400°F for 12 min. Flip the chicken over, spray with Pam, then bake an additional 12 minutes, until cooked and juices are no longer pink.
*This one was adapted from the French's recipe (on the can). I just added my own little twist! This is our new "fried" chicken recipe...tastes similar, but not nearly as messy!