Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Here's the GOOD stuff!

Ever have those times when you swear you can see the hands on the clock literally spinning out of control!? That's how quickly this past week has been flying by! I have so many fun things to share with you, but I am barely getting everything done in a day. I'm off to shop for four birthday gifts and pull together party details for Hubby's birthday celebration on Sunday. He turned 35 yesterday, but we have the family party planned for the weekend! Next week is a teacher birthday too which I must plan. And of course, St. Patty's is right around the corner. I'll try and post some fun St. Patrick's thoughts tomorrow...still making my final decisions of what I'm going to do for that. But first, Last Sunday, we had an impromptu family dinner and I needed to whip up dessert fast.

Here's what I came up with.....



Yeah, yeah...I know. Big deal, she's got some brownies made in muffin pans. No big deal, right?

But inside was this....



And suddenly, they are "ooooohhhhhh yyeeeeeaaaahhhh" brownies with golden oreo goodness inside.

Lucky for me, I had seen these over at a blog called Hello Good Gravy. You can check out how she made them here. Great pics and tutorial over there, but I wasn't crazy about using my fingers to dip them in the brownie batter. Kinda gross.

But of course, when the time came to make them, I couldn't remember where I had seen them, so I got online, started googling "oreo covered" brownies, and I also found them over at another blog called Picky Palate here.

But then, I also saw them at Happy Little Bento, click here to check that out. Reindeer cups!? Oh good grief!

Turns out, this idea is nothing new...found them all over the place on several different blogs. Oh well...new to me! I liked Bento's use of chopsticks. I didn't have any, so I used tongs.

I overcooked mine. They didn't look "done", so my mother-in-law and I kept added 2-3 minutes to the cooking time. Bad idea...some turned out hard. If you decide to make them, err on the side of caution and pull them out when it says too. They do taste super yummy, and I like the idea of using all different types of oreos. Just imagine the possibilities of mint creme, yellow filled spring time oreos, peanut butter (though not in my house) and good ole chocolate oreos...which I think would be super yummy inside a blondie.

So go grab a box of brownies and a package of oreos and get baking!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Sweeeeet! Glad you were able to try them. I'm like you; foreseeing lots 'n lots of potential over the holidays...
    Thanks for the linkup too!
    Happy eating :)

    ReplyDelete